Friday, January 17, 2014

A MIRACLE OF HOPE

I received a copy of A MIRACLE OF HOPE by Ruth Reid from Thomas Nelson via BookSneeze.  It is part of An Amish Wonders series.  This is by far my favorite Amish book, and in all honesty, I can’t express how much I love it.  I can’t even pinpoint what I loved about it so much.

Lindie is a young woman who is raped, but hides that from her Amish community.  Since she is pregnant, her brother encourages her to marry an old friend of his, a widower with a deaf daughter.  Lindie at first struggles with her new role as mother, but discovers that the little girl has a healing touch and claims to communicate with God.  Lindie falls in love with Josiah, her new husband, but he realizes he has Lymphoma.  I fell in love with them as well as they struggled to make their home into a family.


A day later, I’m still thinking about the characters.  They seemed so real.  I’d planned on reading for an hour after washing my hair, but I was trapped reading for hours until I finished the book.  I couldn’t wait to see what happened next.  If I had to pick something I loved the most, it would be that Lindie and Josiah’s romance – it was the most touching Amish romance I’ve ever read.  

No comments:

Post a Comment