Sunday, April 20, 2014

The Garden Gate

In honor of Easter, I present to you the book THE GARDEN GATE by Christa Kinde.  I received a copy of it from Thomas Nelson via BookSneeze.  It is the fourth book in the Threshold series.

The synopsis did intrigue me, but the reason I chose this book was because the family’s last name is Pomeroy.  I personally know a Mr. and Mrs. Pomeroy, so I was hooked.  I wanted to know what happened to this fictional Pomeroy family. 

When I read THE GARDEN GATE, I had not read the other novels in the young adult series.  After finishing this one, I will need to get them.  At first, the story was hard to get into, but I know that’s because I missed the beginning installments.  The characters are easy to relate to and the scenes are well described.  When I found out this is the final book, it brought me sadness, but then I realized I can go back for the other three. 

Prissie Pomeroy can see angels.  I love books about angels and swarm to them like bees to flowers.  I think it’s because growing up, I read tons of stories on dragons and whatnot, but only a few on angels.  Other than the angels, you get to meet destruction caused by a storm and Prissie’s inner struggles.


Overall, this is a fulfilling book, but I do recommend reading the others first so you won’t be confused.  

No comments:

Post a Comment