Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Casting the Net

I received a copy of CASTING THE NET by Pam Rhodes from Kregel.  It is the second book in the Dunbridge Chronicles and the first book I have read by her.  Judging by how I felt regarding this one, it won’t be the last.  I like to think of it as an all-around feel good book.  It makes you want to be a better person.  This book is definitely worth the time it takes to read it – which isn’t long, considering you want to see what happens next!

Picture sitting on the couch with the setting sun illuminating a lush, green lawn.  CASTING THE NET is about Reverend Neil Fisher.  As this is the second book in the series, it is about Neil’s second year in Dunbridge and all the adventures that go along with that.  My favorite character was Claire, who is the gardener for the church and not a Christian.  Neil questions his feelings for her, since they don’t share the same religious beliefs.  Then, of course, there is Wendy, who wants Neil all to herself.  Get ready to laugh, cry, and talk about how great this book is with other book lovers. 


I will keep my eyes open for books one and three in the Dunbridge Chronicles series.  

No comments:

Post a Comment