Sunday, May 3, 2015

Amish Promises

I received a copy of AMISH PROMISES by Leslie Gould from Bethany House.  It is the first installment in the Neighbors of Lancaster County series.  I must preface this review by saying that I visit the “real” Lancaster County at least once a year and it is as picturesque and magnificent as the book describes.  I felt as if I were visiting there anew. 

In the past I read ADORING ADDIE, also by Leslie Gould, so I knew this book would be a treat. 

In this adventure, two families are learning to live side-by-side.  One family is Amish and the other family is not, and boy, do things start off on the wrong foot!  There are plenty of moments that will make you gasp and even more that will make you laugh.  Everyone is realistic and you will find many who you relate to, although in different ways.  The chapters flow along at a fast pace and before you know, you’re turning the final page and sighing in longing because it is over.

I look forward to the second book in this series.  I will be passing this one on to my mother, who loves Amish fiction and visiting Lancaster County just as much as I do.


No comments:

Post a Comment