Monday, August 31, 2020

Kim Possible (Live Action)

 Jordan Bradt: Kim Possible was one of my favorite TV shows.  I knew they had come out with a live action movie, but I hadn't been too interested until it came up as a suggestion while I was looking for a movie to watch with my son.  

He actually enjoyed it, and at the end, he wanted to do the same fighting moves.  Is it bad that I can't really tear it apart?  Maybe its because I didn't watch it a lot (or ever) as a kid.  The movie was cheesy, of course, and you could tell the special effects were special effects, but it all worked as a kid movie.  

It brought in many elements of the TV show, like Shego and Bonnie, and it was awesome seeing Christy Carlson Romano.  It felt as if the creators tried to make it as fun as possible without really adhering to realism, and it worked.  I liked the actress who played Kim, and Ron wasn't too bad.  

I came away from it with a strong sense of positive feminism.  Girls can kick butt without feeling bad about it.  They were bada**.  

No comments:

Post a Comment