Sunday, October 20, 2013

A WALK THROUGH THE DARK

I received a copy of A WALK THROUGH THE DARK: HOW MY HUSBAND’S 90 MINUTES IN HEAVEN DEEPENED MY FAITH FOR A LIFETIME by Eva Piper with Cecil Murphy from Thomas Nelson, via BookSneeze.  This book really blew me away.

Eva Piper’s husband, Don Piper, died, but returned to life through prayer.  The story explains what she went through and tells us about what it was like for him.  He also provides a forward, introducing us to the story.  No, I shouldn’t call it a story.  It is more like a thought-provoking glimpse into a family trauma and miracle that will leave you breathless.  They don’t just tell you the facts.  It is written in such a beautiful, spiritual way that you are sucked into it.  You feel as if you are standing beside them as everything enfolds.  I cried with the family, and I cheered with them, too.  They take you step by step, never rushing over anything. 


I highly recommend this book to anyone who doubts the power of prayers.  Although it is a true story, it reads like a novel.  I will be passing it along to family members and friends.  This is definitely a book worth sharing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment