Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Destined for Doon

I received a copy of DESTINED FOR DOON by Carey Corp and Lorie Langdon from Blink via BookSneeze.  It is the second installment in the young adult fantasy Doon series, which began with DOON.   It is, by the way, a bit of a retelling of Brigadoon.  I’m not familiar with Brigadoon, so I can’t speak anymore on that topic.

I loved the fantasy world of Doon.  It is imaginative, but also realistic.  I never shook my head in disgust.  That’s a huge perk for me.  In this sequel, there is, of course, romance.  The romance is sweet and will make you feel giddy.  That’s wonderful for young adult novels, where teenagers are struggling to come to grips with their place in the world. 

Makenna and Veronica are back, which is great for people like me who enjoyed them in the first book.  Some parts of the book were, I admit, a bit dragging.  It happened during the middle.  The beginning and end really whizzed by.  I was captivated.  I recommend this to fans of young adult fantasy and romance.


As a side note, I was thrilled to see that when I posted my review on GoodReads, my favorite author (Maria V. Snyder) had also reviewed this book!  

No comments:

Post a Comment