Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Oswald


I received a copy of OSWALD: RETURN OF THE KING by Edoardo Albert from Kregel Publications.  Once in a while there is a book that leaves you saying “wow.”  Then you flip back through, shocked it Is over.  You reread a few of your favorite parts, put the book down somewhere special – for me it was the trunk in my room – and then you return to it in a few days.  It keeps calling you back.

 

OSWALD did that for me.  It is the second installment of the Northumbrian Thrones series.  Christianity and kingship unite; love is tested and good values shine through.  If you enjoyed the first book in the series about Edwin, this one is just as great.  Oswald picks up where Edwin fell.  The tales focus on a period of history that is not always covered in today’s historical fiction, and that makes it all the more rewarding.

 

I recommend reading this outside on you handmade porch swing.  Okay, that’s how I read it, with the sun baking down and the excitement sweeping me away.  Or, you can read it in your favorite spot.  This is definitely a book not to miss.  I’ve already recommended it to many of my reading buddies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment