Sunday, August 16, 2015

THE PRINCE WHO WAS JUST HIMSELF

I received a copy of THE PRINCE WHO WAS JUST HIMSELF by Silke Schnee from Plough Publishing House.  This is a picture book illustrated by Heike Sistig.  The book focuses on a prince who is born with Down Syndrome and saves his kingdom from an evil invader.

At first I wasn’t a fan of the illustrations.  They are similar to what a child would do, and to me it didn’t feel professional.  The more I looked at them, however, the more I realized how well that works for children.  It can help them feel better about their own artwork.


The story itself was sweet and family focused.  I can see it being perfect for a classroom or a home.  I have passed this book onto my friend’s sister for her to share with her special education class.  

No comments:

Post a Comment