Sunday, May 2, 2010

If I Could Ask God Anything

When I received a copy of IF I COULD ASK GOD ANYTHING by Kathryn Slattery from Thomas Nelson, I was expecting it to be more of a child’s book. I was afraid it was going to put faithful doubts into the minds of children, but after reading it, I was happy to find it was answers to questions that are more factual. It is presented as a book that answers children’s questions but I found it to be more of a reference book. It is also a good book for adults to read to children in order to answer the questions commonly asked. This book of knowledge is written so that anyone of any age can enjoy its contents. Many of the questions, such as “Why do some Christians put fish-shaped symbols on their cars?” were questions I had often wondered myself. Other questions, such as whether or not is okay to pray with a friend over the phone, were geared toward a younger sect. It includes quotes from the bible to back up the answers to the questions. I found the book to be very informative. I had no idea why the word Selah is in the margins of Psalms. I would not have known to where to look up the answer, but this book gives the reader not only the answer to this, but also to many other puzzling bible questions. Although it is a biblical reference source, it is also a page-turner. I found myself getting out my bible to look up the bible citations to read further. So far, my parents have also read it, and found it greatly informational.

No comments:

Post a Comment