Tuesday, November 30, 2010

THE TRUTH OF THE MATTER

I received a copy of THE TRUTH OF THE MATTER by Andrew Klavan, book three in the Homelanders series, from Thomas Nelson. The novel involves a boy named Charlie West, age eighteen. A terrorist group known as the Homelanders is hunting him. Somehow, he has lost a year of his life. During that time, people believe he killed a boy named Alex. He wants to recover that year. Overall, the book seemed too adult at times, and then at others, too childish. It is juvenile fiction, but some of the subject matter, and his age, made me think it would work better as an adult thriller. I also felt like there was a lot of repetition within paragraphs. The author used the same word multiple times, and it lost its potency. Other than that, the action kept me on the edge of my seat and the characters were not only believable, but incredible as well. The dialogue was believable, and there was not any swearing. It is a great story about loving your country and family. I will look for the two previous books in the series, and then reread this after. I assume it will make more sense then, and be more enjoyable. I recommend this novel to anyone seeking a fun, intelligent, adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment