Monday, April 27, 2015

Thick as Thieves

I received a copy of THICK AS THIEVES: An Andrea Carter Book by Susan K. Marlow from Kregel Publications.  This book was quite delightful, really on all fronts.  For one thing, Andrea, the main character, is loveable, endearing, quirky, and realistic.  She might have her faults, but she always comes through in the end.  She is an excellent role model for young adults and adults.

I enjoyed how the story takes place in 1882.  I love historical fiction and this worked into my appetite perfectly.  Andi is fourteen and in love with Taffy’s first foaling.  The author has done her research on farm life and it shows.  The reader will feel as if she or he is right there with Andi. 

I could connect with Andi’s struggles over bonding with Macy, her new seatmate.  I am dealing with similar things at work.  I applaud the way Andi handled it and hope I can take away some of her caring attributes. 


This is the first book in the Circle C Milestones series and I look forward to reading the other books about Andi.  I am in awe of how the author skillfully walks the main character through growing up right along with the readers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment