Friday, May 15, 2015

Tales from the Circle C Ranch

Susan K. Marlow is one of my favorite authors BY FAR.  Her books are thought-provoking, beautiful, and full of the “good stuff” young readers need in literature these days.  As you can guess, I was beyond thrilled to receive a copy of ANDREA CARTER’S TALES FROM THE CIRCLE C RANCH by Susan K. Marlow from Kregel Publications. 

I have read other Andrea Carter books by Susan K. Marlow and this is a great addition to that.  In a nutshell, “Andi” is a young girl living on a rach in California.  The books take place in the late 1800’s.  I am total sucker for historical fiction. 


The books take place over her life, and it is great because girls of all ages can fall in love with the main character.  The short stories in TALES FROM THE CIRCLE C RANCH take place over a span of years, and they include introductions to let you know where they fit in with the series.  I recommend this for people who already love Andrea Carter and for those who would like to get to know her.  I am passing this on to a friend to give to her granddaughter.  Five stars from me and a giant round of applause.  

No comments:

Post a Comment