Wednesday, February 13, 2019

THE SPIRITS OF SIX MINSTREL RUN by Matthew S. Cox


I love ghost stories and this one left me wishing I had more minutes in my lunch break so I could read just one more chapter.  It has everything a good ghost story needs: creepy new house, suspicious neighbors, quiet town, and a ghost that might be more than she seems.  The murder itself is brutal and left me cringing.  I found myself constantly rooting for the main character.  Even the ghost is at times endearing.  The scientific facts behind the ghost hunting instances are spot-on and help to enhance the story.

The only thing that really bothered me was the husband.  I know why he acted the way he did, but he still rubbed me the wrong way, and by the end, I wanted to tell the main character that she deserved better.  Others will probably feel differently about him. 

Overall, a must read for ghost story fans.  I also thought it was cool that this took place close to my hometown. 

No comments:

Post a Comment