Thursday, January 21, 2010

Today's Novel

Today I shall talk about The Church of Dead Girls by Stephen Dobyns. Dobyns, Stephen. (1997). The Church of dead girls. Henry Holt & Co. The characters are all very believable, and by the end, I felt like I knew them. I felt like I could drive to their village of Aurelius and see them all there. This might also have to do with the fact that Aurelius exists near my actual hometown, so throughout the novel, places I ACTUALLY KNOW OF were mentioned. It kept me riveted to my seat, anxiously awaiting the next time Syracuse or Utica were mentioned, to name a few. I even grinned - yes, I grinned - when a Hamilton shirt was mentioned. I pictured my boyfriend wearing his Hamilton hoodie. Really though, this was a good book and I enjoyed it from cover to cover. The first chapter is amazing, although gruesome.

In all honesty, I really didn't get to read today. As one of my last days of summer vacation, I spent it watching Supernatural on television and then playing a video game. I shall try to read more tonight, but I may write instead.

2 comments:

  1. oh..so this was the novel you mentioned on facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the novel I mentioned on facebook.

    ReplyDelete