Friday, May 6, 2011

KNITTING KNEE-HIGHS

I received a copy of KNITTING KNEE-HIGHS: SOCK STYLES FROM CLASSIC TO CONTEMPORARY by Barb Brown, from Thomas Nelson. I was excited to see it offered because I love knitting. Whenever I sit in front of the television set, I have to have a project with me to work on – projects that do not usually include socks.

I love wearing knee-high socks, so I am thrilled to be able to make my own. The styles are beautiful. Not only are some colorful, but others are also intricate, in a good way. When I first saw the directions, I felt slightly intimidated. I am not familiar with cable stitches, or switching colors, but the step-by-step directions are easy to follow. They also use circular needles, as opposed to double pointed needles (but you can use those too). Double pointed needles confuse me, so I am ecstatic to be able to use something different. I have begun work on the Bonny Birds pattern, a series of blue birds against a white background. It is coming along nicely.

The patterns also include ways to transform knee-highs into leg warmers and ankle socks. Whatever your style, there is a pattern in this book for you to adore.

No comments:

Post a Comment