Sunday, September 25, 2011

Utica Writers Club - Interview

Hello, everyone. As some of you know, I’m the co-vice president of the Utica Writers Club. I am going to do a mini-series of interviews with my other club members. First off, we have Sarah Warring. Hey, Sarah. What is your role in the Utica Writers Club?

Sarah: Right now I am club secretary. However, I have also done my part as the treasurer.

Kissed by Literature: Which do you like best?

Sarah: Secretary probably.

KbL: What does that position entail?

Sarah: I take notes and then send them on to the President. I also am part of voting and other decisions.

KbL: How long have you been a member of the Utica Writers Club?

Sarah: Just under 6 years.

KbL: How did you find out about the club?

Sarah: I don't remember. I used to work with a member. Also a good friend of mine Joe, who used to be an active member, joined at the same time.

KbL: What’s your favorite part of the Utica Writers Club?

Sarah: Probably being around like minded people. They are very helpful when I actually bring something, but I have made good friends within the group.

KbL: What kind of stuff do you write?

Sarah: I write mostly fantasy fiction. Although, I will try almost any kind of writing.

KbL: Do you have a favorite story you’ve written?

Sarah: Well I have been writing a novel, Rayven's Fire, for over 10 years. I go back and forth with it, but it has always been my baby.

KbL: Any interesting club memories?

Sarah: Meeting local and famous authors. Being a contest judge is always interesting as well. *wink*

KbL: What is your favorite reading spot?

Sarah: My bed and some random spots in the local libraries.

KbL: What about a favorite writing spot?

Sarah: I can't be too comfy unless my muse is visiting.

KbL: Biggest writing blunder? Guilty reading pleasures?

Sarah: Most of my blunders are some cruddy poems in my youth.

KbL: Any weird writing rituals?

Sarah: I don't know if my rituals are weird, but I have to have some music on headphones. That way I can focus completely.

KbL: What about any guilty reading pleasures?

Sarah: Guilty pleasures are either some of the Chicken Soup books or fairy tales.

Thank you, Sarah! If anyone would like to ask her a question, I can pass it on and she’ll answer it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment