Friday, February 24, 2012

OUR FAVORITE SINS

I received a copy of OUR FAVORITE SINS: THE SINS WE COMMIT & HOW YOU CAN QUIT by Todd D. Hunter, from Thomas Nelson via BookSneeze. It seemed like the perfect book to share with my friend during Lent, and indeed, we both enjoyed reading through it. The book is very easy to read. I started on chapter one, and suddenly I was in the middle of chapter three. The pages just flew by.

The book centers on different forms of sin, such as laziness and procrastination. The chapters explain to us what the sin means, how it affects our lives, and how we can overcome it, but none of the words are incriminating. While reading, it is an easy transaction to put yourself into the book and realize how to better yourself.

My favorite line occurred on page 34: “Thus some people actually put themselves in the position to be tempted on purpose. It is fun to them.” These words ring so true when I look at many of the people around me. They enjoy flirting with many different guys, seeing how drunk they can get at a bar, and driving carelessly, all for that “rush” they love. I have always found that kind of behavior ridiculous.

This is an excellent self-help book, and highly recommended for anyone wishing to better understand, and improve, his or her life.

No comments:

Post a Comment