Sunday, September 14, 2014

Get to Know: KING DAVID

I received a copy of GET TO KNOW KING DAVID by Nancy I. Sanders from Zonderkids via BookSneeze.  It is part of the “Full-Color Biography for Kids” series.  I read MARY in the past and loved the installment, so I was excited to receive this one.  I was doubly excited because I just watched a movie on King David so I wanted to compare fact to fiction.

Surprisingly, the movie was quite spot-on.  It was from the 1970’s, but the quality was still good.  My parents and I both watched the movie, so we read this autobiography together.  We would often say, “That’s just like in the movie!”  For example, the characters referred to God as Yahweh.

The autobiography starts off by referencing historical research done to prove King David’s existence.  I found that interesting, as I had never doubted him to be a real person, nor have I ever heard anyone express doubts in that regard.


The series uses timelines, photographs, and paragraphs to explain history and the Bible.  Terms children might not know are included at the bottoms of the pages.  I will be passing this on to a younger cousin of mine.  I highly recommend this for families, children, and classroom settings.

No comments:

Post a Comment