Tuesday, November 11, 2014

IF YOU FOLLOW ME

I received a copy of IF YOU FOLLOW ME by Pam Rhodes from Lion Fiction via Kregel.  It is Book Three of the Dunbridge Chronicles.  This is a book that will quickly catch your interest and keep you reading so you can discover what happens next. 

As I understand it, this will be the final installment in the Chronicles.  I enjoyed the other books, and even though this was no exception, it did have a bittersweet feel to it.  The characters are endearing, so you want to continue knowing what becomes of them.  There is, of course, imagination for that.

In this, the third book, Neil and Clare become engaged.  For those new to the series, Neil is a priest.  To liven things up, Clare’s ex and father of her son jumps back into Clare’s world hoping to pick back up in her life.  No way – she has moved on to Neil! 


I understand that a few people did not like this as a work of Christian fiction for various reasons, including the use of a “bad” word, but I love the moral teachings behind the story.  “Always be a good person” shone through to me and I recommend this book to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment