Wednesday, January 6, 2016

A Thousand Shall Fall


I received a copy of A THOUSAND SHALL FALL by Andrea Boeshaar from Kregel. It is historical fiction, one of my favorite genres, and the cover evokes all of the feelings I associate with the Civil War: loneliness, desolation, sadness. The book also falls under the category of inspirational romance. It is the first installment of the Shenandoah Valley series. 

The book focuses on Carrie Ann Bell, who is nineteen. I felt that she was the perfect embodiment of a young woman who wants to be strong and is beyond spirited in a torn world. The reader follows Carrie Ann’s life. I was on the edge of my seat as soon as her little sister runs away. Carrie Ann dresses as a soldier so that she can bring her back, but – CARRIE ANN IS TAKEN CAPTIVE! 

There is a sweet romance mixed into the novel, for she begins to fall in love with Colonel Peyton Collier, her captor. The novel is all around beautiful, and you can feel Carrie Ann’s passion and conflicts. 

I highly recommend A THOUSAND SHALL FALL and I plan to suggest is as a book for my online book club to read.

I cannot wait for book two, TOO DEEP FOR WORDS, set to come out in November of 2016!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment