Monday, October 31, 2016

The Name I Call Myself


I received a copy of THE NAME I CALL MYSELF by Beth Moran from Lion Fiction via Kregel.  First of all, let me say that this is such a fun cover!  Okay, onto the story.  It feels like a chick-flick movie, so it is perfect reading for before bed, or whenever you feel like a pick me up tale.

THE NAME I CALL MYSELF focuses on the relationship between Faith Harp and Peregrine (love the name!) Upperton.  You may know him better as Perry.  Did I mention that he’s a multimillionaire?  That just adds another layer to the story. Faith struggles with her relationship due to an abusive past with men. 

Faith’s past is catching up with her.  Her stepfather is being released from prison and he wants revenge.  He also wants revenge on Faith’s brother Sam, who is struggling with mental issues.  Faith’s life is a complex web, and she is trying her best to keep it all together.  Things start to improve when she is drafted into the church choir.  I don’t want to give anymore away, but know that the story is complex and emotional.  You will be instantly sucked into Faith’s world.  If you’re like me, you’ll find it to be a one sitting read.  You won’t want to put it down!

No comments:

Post a Comment