Saturday, July 22, 2017

Fairy Keeper

FAIRY KEEPER wasn’t what I had expected.  Although I read the synopsis, I was expecting something more contemporary, mainly because the character on the cover seems to be wearing a hoodie.  My bad!  This is a fantasy perfect for teens.  I loved it, and I know I would have swallowed it up when I was in high school.

The different take on fairies is refreshing.  Lately everything fairy-driven that I’ve read involves a contemporary girl discovering she is actually a fairy.  Yeah, not in this book.

Sierra is a character to relate to and root for.  She is an excellent role model for teens.  I felt her joys and her misery.  Her personality shines through, helped along by the author’s excellent writing style.


I can’t wait to see where the adventure leads in books 2 and 3.  (I’m excited they are already out.  I hate having to wait a while for a sequel!)

No comments:

Post a Comment