Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Royally Entitled

Oh my goodness.  This cover!  Okay, now that I’ve stopped gushing about it, onto the story.

The Medeival-esque setting could be a character in itself.  It sucked me in, and despite the negatives there, I wanted to live there!  It is a young adult novel with realistic characters and catchy dialogue.  It is a “clean” story, so you can feel comfortable sharing it with your mom and your daughter.  There is just enough mystery to keep the flow, but what I loved best was the romance.  Their chemistry flashes.  It didn’t feel like your run-of-the-mill historical romance, and there weren’t any bizarre actions like I’ve found in some Harlequin’s.   Overall, a very fun story!  Anika is a shining character who would be an excellent role model.


(I found it interesting that her family was into cider.  I’ve never read a story with that as the business.  I love stories that have that unusual tidbit to them.)

No comments:

Post a Comment