Saturday, December 16, 2017

HIGH SUMMONS by Eli Celata

This is the first book in the series “Warlock of Rochester.” 

This reminded me of all the fantasy books I read back in high school.  The world-building is phenomenal.  I found myself totally sucked in and when I suddenly looked away from the computer, it was to blink in puzzlement at my surroundings.  What a great story to get sucked into!

The other aspect of the story that really stood out to me was the voice.  Jon is an awesome main character.  He made me laugh and wince, and I was rooting for him from the start.

The fantasy aspects reminded me of a classic fantasy novel.  If you’re looking for something with a strong voice and magic, check out this novel.


Also, I thought it was cool that this book takes place in Rochester, which is just a few hours from my home.   A character was named Jordan (my name) too, so it was sort of like this book was written for me, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment