Tuesday, January 16, 2018

RIDING SHOTGUN: AND OTHER AMERICAN CRUELTIES by Andy Rausch

This was a little different than what I normally read.  Instead of one long story, this was a series of novellas, all quite unusual and centered around the theme of crime.  The novellas are all fast-paced and exciting.  I liked that they were novellas.  It gave me just enough to read before bed without making myself too tired in the morning!

My favorite of the bunch is “$crilla.”  It had me laughing aloud and my husband had to ask me what was so funny.

The other stories are equally good.  My second favorite would have to be “Easy-Peezy” because its historical fiction and I have a thing for that genre. 

“Riding Shtogun” was good too, but it didn’t hold my attention the way the others did.  I give those 5 stars, and this one a three.


Overall, I recommend this collection to anyone looking for something quite different and entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment