Sunday, January 14, 2018

THE SUMMER THE WORLD ENDED by Matt Cox

This is a young adult post-apocalyptic book with a twist ending that will blow you away.  If you’re looking for something unique in the genre, check out this book.

I felt for Riley.  Her mom dies and she’s stuck with a dad she doesn’t know.  The descriptions of her emotions were spot-on, but my favorite descriptions are the ones of her dad.  He is so well detailed!

I liked that Riley is self-conscious about her weight.  I felt for her and knew exactly what she was talking about.  People have always accused me of having an eating disorder and making fun of my weight.  I thought giving her that characteristic was an awesome attribute.


This is a portrayal of a girl who is uprooted and forced into a new world.  It shows how she adapts and grows stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment