Tuesday, November 29, 2011

A YEAR WITH JESUS

I received a copy of A YEAR WITH JESUS: DAILY READINGS AND REFLECTIONS ON JESUS’ OWN WORDS by R. P. Nettelhorst, from Thomas Nelson via BookSneeze. This devotional follows 365 days, rather than certain months, so the reader can start it at any time. I find that helpful, so I do not have to wait until January 1. Each page includes a quote from the Bible and a few paragraphs of the author’s interpretation, taking you deeper into the words. The writing flows well, making it easy to read. I like to start my day with a reading while I lay in bed. It calms me after hearing the annoying buzz of my alarm clock. I also get to ponder each passage while I work throughout my day, and look forward to reading the next one. The passages are organized into different categories, such as Love and Hate, so I can ponder the entire section before moving on to the next.

This makes an excellent Christmas or New Year’s gift. My mother was delighted with my copy, which we share. I know that my grandmother and uncle would also this devotional. It is a great way to further bring Jesus into your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment