Last night, the Utica Writers Club judged the Writing Contest. The members were thrilled by the amazing entries – unfortunately, only one could win for each genre. We all wish to congratulate those winners:
- Middle Grade – GATSBY DELANEY AND THE 7TH GRADE IMPRESARIO by Mary Vettel
- Adult Dystopian – POWER’S PAWN by Raluca Balasa
- Fantasy – EYES OF STONE by Becky Regalado
- Urban Fantasy – THE WAITING ROOMS by Derek McFadden
- Romance – THE LIES THAT BIND by Christine Canada
- Historical Fiction – THE OTHER CHOSEN ONE by Marilyn Pontuck
- Young Adult Dystopian – THIRTY DECIBELS by Margo Rowder
- Young Adult – GHOST STORY by Carolyn Chambers Clark
- Mystery – HERON PARK by Christine King-Raggio
- Adult Fiction – MUSINGS FROM MIDDLE AGE by Donna Luck-Martin
I will be posting the winning entries. Please feel free to comment on the entries and offer your own feedback. A new pair of eyes is always helpful to writers!
The winners will each receive a five-page critique from a published author. The club wishes to thank those authors who have contributed their time to critiquing. This contest wouldn’t have worked without you guys! The Utica Writers Club hopes to host future contest. We’re eager to hear your suggestions.