Wednesday, February 20, 2013

David Sticker Book


I received a copy of DAVID STICKER BOOK from Kregel Publications.  The text is written by Karen Williamson and the illustrations are by Amanda Enright.  This sticker book, designed for children, tells the story of David from the Bible.  The colorful illustrations are eye-catching and the writing simplistic, perfect for early readers.  The center of the book consists of sticker pages.  You can peel off the stickers to place in the story, where the illustrations have white “spots.”  The correct sticker shape can be seen faintly through the “spot.”  While I like that idea – you get to complete the picture – I would have rather had the opportunity to make up my own pictures by placing the stickers where I wanted.  The book’s enjoyment doesn’t end when the stickers have all been placed; you can continue to read the story over and over again.  As a note, I didn’t actually use the stickers.  I got to share this story with my little cousin.  This book works great for travel or quiet alone time.  After the child enjoys the sticker book, you can introduce him or her to the version in the Bible.  Overall, this book is a great addition to a child’s library.  Fun and instructive, this will really get the creative juices flowing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment