Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Truth Stained Lies


I received a copy of TRUTH STAINED LIES by Terri Blackstock from Zondervan, via BookSneeze.  It is part of the Moonlighters series book one.  How cool is a title like TRUTH STAINED LIES?  The book involves Cathy, an investigative blogger.  That job description earned another “how cool is that?!” from me as I read.  The novel really is a page turner. 

Cathy’s brother Jay is going through a violent divorce with his past wife.  They have a son in the mixture and Jay wants custody.  When he goes to his wife’s house, he sees a clown leaving in an unfamiliar vehicle.  The clown waves to Jay – that literally gave me the chills as I pictured the scene in my mind.  When Jay goes into the house, he finds his wife shot dead in the bathtub.  Of course the authorities don’t believe a clown did it. 

Due to a threatening note she received, Cathy believes the killer is framing Jay to get back at her.  Her friends and family set out to prove Jay didn’t murder his wife.  Love and faith in God wove beautifully into the storyline.  I highly recommend this to fans of Christian fiction and crime/suspense novels.  It keeps you glued to the pages.  I look forward to reading the next books in the series, as well as others by Terri Blackstock.  

No comments:

Post a Comment