Saturday, April 6, 2013

Icecutter's Daughter


I received a copy of THE ICECUTTER’S DAUGHTER by Tracie Peterson from Bethany House.  It is the first book in the Land of Shining Waters series.  As soon as I opened the package that arrived in the mail, I couldn’t wait to start reading.  The cover is addictive!  Two horses pull something heavy through the snow – I could almost feel the wind and biting snow flakes.  A young woman looks on from the top of the cover, her eyes the color of frozen water.  From her manner of dress and the fact we still use horses today for various things, I had to check to make sure it was a historical novel, which it is.  I can’t get enough of those.

Tracie Peterson is one of my favorite historical fiction authors.  Her stories always introduce me to something I don’t normally read about.  Sure, there are tons of Elizabethan and Civil War stories, but how many times have you read about ice cutters?  I hadn’t known much about them at all until I finished this book.  Tracie Paterson introduces believable characters and creates exciting adventures from everyday activities.  You feel as if you’re living in Minnesota with Merrill, the main character, and Rurik, her love interest.  I highly recommend this to fans of historical fiction, riveting plots, and religious stories.  

No comments:

Post a Comment