Sunday, June 9, 2013

My Very First Noah's Ark Playtime

I received a copy of MY VERY FIRST NOAH’S ARK PLAYTIME: Activity Book with Stickers from Lion Children’s via Kregel.  The text is by Lois Rock and the illustrations are by Alex Ayliffe.  The pages are bright and colorful, perfect for catching a child’s attention.  The story begins by discussing what you (the child) does in the rain, and then explaining how Noah built his ark.  The teacher in me came out and I kept brainstorming activities to go along with the pages. 

The text is simple enough for a young child to understand, and for an older child to be able to read for him or herself.  Each page contains gray areas for the reader to place a sticker, and some pages also include games and recipes.  This works as a great sticker book to occupy a child, to be used in a Sunday school setting, or for a family activity.


I am passing this on to a friend’s little brother.  I gave her other sticker books I have received from Kregel and she told me how much he loved them, reusing the stickers on the pages and reading the stories aloud.  These are wonderful sticker books and I highly recommend them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment