Tuesday, August 13, 2013

DEATH BE NOT PROUD

I received a copy of DEATH BE NOT PROUD by C. F. Dunn from Lion Fiction via Kregel.  It is the second book, following MORTAL FIRE, in the Secret of the Journal series.  I was excited to receive it, since I had really enjoyed that first book.  The main character, Emma D’Eresby, is still a professor, which I love, because of my past working at a college.  Even though I don’t work there anymore, it brought back the happier memories.

Not to say the book is super happy-go-lucky.  Oh no, Emma’s found out her lover, Matthew, isn’t at all what she thought.  Emma leaves Maine to go home to England.  My mind kept saying, “Okay, what’s going to happen next?” as I turned the pages.  There’s plenty of history for history buffs out there (ahem, me).  Matthew’s still in the story too, and you get to his mind in regards to Emma. 


I loved the history (my favorite part), the dialogue, the tension, the action, and the description.  There was really no part of the story I didn’t like.  It may not be my favorite, but it is one I’ll pass on to friends and recommend to others as a fast, powerful read.  

No comments:

Post a Comment