Thursday, August 8, 2013

Into the Whirlwind

I received a copy of INTO THE WHIRLWIND by Elizabeth Camden from Bethany House.  Whenever I receive a Bethany House book, I know I’m in for a treat, and this one was no exception.  The cover in particular intrigued me.  I just got a new job and part of where I work is located in the downtown area of a nearby city.  The aura of the old stone buildings with the elegant architecture on the cover made me feel as if I was looking out the office window.

The main character, Mollie, owns a watch company in Chicago.  I love watches, so that in itself excited me.  The novel opens with the Chicago Fire burning around Mollie.  Enter Zack, the love interest.  You’ve got to have one of those to bring out those smile moments. 


I literally began to clutch the book as I read – the action is fast and loud.  I could almost taste the smoke.  Those startling realities continue throughout every chapter.  Reading about how the citizens struggled and then how the city rebuilt sent tingles along my arms.  I’ve read many novels about the Chicago Fire and they always leave me with the same awestruck, terrified feeling.  I recommend this to fans of historical fiction and Christian romance.  

No comments:

Post a Comment