Wednesday, September 4, 2013

A Plain Disappearance

I received a copy of A PLAIN DISAPPEARANCE by Amanda Flower from B&H Books.  It’s the third novel in An Appleseed Creek Mystery series.  For those of you who follow my book posts, you know I read a lot of Amish books.  My mother is, well, obsessed with the Amish lifestyle and can’t get enough of the literature.  I read them too, so we can discuss the stories.  I bet you can guess who will be getting this novel now that I’m done with it. 
A PLAIN DISAPPEARANCE is definitely different from what the “normal” Amish books are like.  For one thing, this is a mystery, rather than a romance – not just a mystery, but a murder mystery.  The books usually are sweet and heartwarming.  I’m not saying this one isn’t, but it has that dash of danger. 

The world of Appleseed Creek becomes so real, you feel as if you could drive to the next valley over and there you would be.  I was on the edge of my seat through the whole thing, and I finished with a huge smile on my face.  I recommend this to fans of Amish fiction (this is definitely something unique to the genre!) and mystery lovers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment