Sunday, September 8, 2013

Rebellious Heart

My hands trembled in anticipation as I opened the package that had come in the mail to discover another novel of historical fiction.  I can’t get enough of historical fiction.  There’s nothing so calm as sitting back in the living room chair with the yellow glow of the light beside me, a steaming cup of tea on the table, and slip away into another time period.  This one involves Massachusetts in 1763. 

I received a copy of REBELLIOUS HEART by Jody Hedlund from Bethany House, one of my favorite publishing companies.  In it, Susanna Smith fights for an education even though she’s a woman and Benjamin Ross fights for a better world.  They make a great pair, and the romance between the two really vibrates off the pages.  Ben is a true hero.  Many of the things he did made my heart flutter.  What gentlemen we had back then! 


 I enjoyed all of the characters (even the bad guys!) and this new world, so to speak, kept me entranced.  I’ve read other books by Jody Hedlund – UNENDING DEVOTION stands out in my mind – and can recognize that she’s a strong writer.  I look forward to what she comes out with next.  

No comments:

Post a Comment