Tuesday, September 10, 2013

DEATH ON LINDISFARNE

Anyone who knows me well knows I am obsessed with books.  Reading, writing, collecting, sharing… books are my hobby and my obsession.  Actually, you don’t need to know me well to see my joy in the written word.  I always have a book with me to whip out of my purse.  I’ll read anything, but one of my favorite genres happens to be mystery.  I suck at figuring out who did it, but I enjoy witnessing the clues unfold.  Hence, I was thrilled to receive a copy of DEATH ON LINDISFARNE by Fay Sampson from Lion Hudson via Kregel.  It is the second book in the Aidan Mysteries series, the first being THE HUNTED HARE.  I’d read that one in the past and found it riveting, so I was excited to dive right in. 


This book transports you to Lindisfarne, an actual island off the coast of Northumbria.  That in itself had me hooked.  I love reading about real lands.  Aidan, a photographer, and his daughter visit the retreat center there, which turns into a site of murder.  Welcome characters both suspicious and heart-warming.  Every page grounds you deep in the action, realism, and the beauty of the island – despite the dead body on the beach part.  My favorite part had to be the descriptions of the old buildings.  I’m a sucker for the history rooted deep in old architecture!

No comments:

Post a Comment