Sunday, November 17, 2013

Stones for Bread

I received a copy of STONES FOR BREAD by Christa Parrish from Thomas Nelson via BookSneeze.  The opinions I have expressed are strictly my own, and receving this book did not mean I had to make a favorable review.  With that said…

This was a heartwarming book, both inside and out, and by that I mean that I smiled through every page and then made myself some bread in the bread maker.  I haven’t felt inclined to do that in many a moon. 

The main character, Liesl, comes from a family of bread makers.  Her entire life seems to revolve around bread – boy, did that make me hungry!  It is a quiet existence of peace and security.  In a way, it is the life everyone needs but not everyone hopes for. 

Then – and of course you knew something had to get in the way of that – life gets more complicated for Liesl.  My favorite of those things happens to be a mysterious woman who says she’s Liesl’s half-sister. 


I enjoyed how well this book explored faith in God; sometimes, religious fiction only touches upon that topic, but this one dove right in and left me feeling complete.  I will keep my eyes open for other books by Christa Parrish.  

No comments:

Post a Comment