Monday, November 30, 2015

Midnight Visitors


I received a copy of THE MIDNIGHT VISITORS by Juliet David from Candle Books via Kregel Publications.  It is illustrated by Jo Perry. 

I am always a sucker for picture books.  I remember fondly the days of sitting upon my mother’s lap or beside my grandmother and hearing them read aloud to me.  Books about animals were my favorite. I also greatly enjoyed the books we only read around the holidays.  This book fits that criteria.

THE MIDNIGHT VISITORS is a beautiful, touching story about Christmas.  It is told from the point of view of the cow – Miriam - in the cowshed where Mary and Joseph stayed.  It is such a unique concept, but one that is so important to this time of year. I could see acting out this story with the nativity set. 

Reading the story, you will delight in everyone who visits Miriam, including the three shepherds.  Having Miriam share her space is an excellent lesson for children while they learn about Jesus’s birth.

This is the perfect addition to any home library or Sunday school classroom.  You will fall in love with the words and the pictures.  It would be perfect for warm bedtime snuggles.  5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment