Monday, November 23, 2015

The Aleppo Code


I received a copy of THE ALEPPO CODE by Terry Brennan from Kregel Publications.  It is part of the Jerusalem Prophecies series.  I have read one of those books and I loved this one just as much as that one.  It is a great continuation and I will definitely look for the other novel.  Reading the others will help you with understanding the characters, but this book is enjoyable in its own way.  This is the type of series you hope won’t end. 

Back to THE ALEPPO CODE.  I believe this will appeal to fans of Indiana Jones.  It has that great action vibe with a religious background.  Follow the staff of Aaron.  This is a new take on the parting of the Red Sea by Moses.  I loved how the story follows the path to obtaining the staff, a team led by Tom Bohannon.  I loved how the team gets to go around the world searching for clues they might have missed earlier.  I am a huge history fan, so I swallowed up all the archeological and history bits.  There were quite a few too! 

When I came to the end of the book, I really had to pause.  I think it sounds like there will be more in the series – and I hope so! 

No comments:

Post a Comment