Tuesday, December 22, 2015

My Dream Literary Collection


Ryan of Invaluable contacted me to see if I would like to be one of a few book bloggers willing to share their dream literary collection.  Um, YES!  I have always been an avid lover of literature.  The shelves in the cellar have always been filled with books.  Oh, so many books.  Those I love I want to treasure.
If you’re wondering what Invaluable.com is, an online auction market place that has a range of things up for auction daily, including collectible and first edition books. I highly recommend you check them out!

Here's the link to the first edition books page: http://www.invaluable.com/first-edition-books/sc-EWAP7WGAFQ/

Lot 572: Early The Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum Copyright 1944 Grosset & Dunlap New York

The first book on my list for a dream literary collection is THE WIZARD OF OZ by L. Frank Baum.  He was born in a town close to mine, so I’ve always been interested in his works.  My mom and I love to read books together and discuss them, as well as then watch a movie if applicable, and we have been working through the Oz series for a few years.





Pride and Prejudice

My mother and I also read PRIDE AND PREJUDICE, then saw every movie version we could find.  Everyone talks about the book, so we wanted to be able to add intelligently to such conversations.  It is an excellent book and there is lots of merchandise you can find based on the characters, like paper dolls! 

My Bookhouse

This is a series of short stories and poems for kids.  My grandparents got this for me when I was an infant, and I have always loved them.  My fondest memories happen to be listening to my grandmother read aloud to me from the hardcover books.  They also inspired me to become an author – I would make up my own stories based on the illustrations!

No comments:

Post a Comment