Thursday, November 15, 2012

THE REASON


I received a copy of THE REASON by William Sirls from Thomas Nelson via BookSneeze. I normally whip right through books, but this one took me a while to read.  It wasn’t bad, but I had trouble getting into the voice.  I couldn’t put my finger on anything in particular; it was just a personal preference. 

I did enjoy the characters.  I found them realistic and the dialogue reminded me of talk I hear every day.  The descriptions were excellent.  I could picture everything as if I was there.  The use of lightning in the story really stood out to me as well – but shh, I don’t want to give away any spoilers.  The cover of the book is pretty breathtaking, though.

Basically, the story is about a community that comes together to help rebuild after lightning strikes.  I was worried it would be bogged down with preaching, but instead, the belief and religion was gently woven into the character development and fast plot.  Think of it as Christian and Fiction perfectly blended into a delicious cake.  I never found a dull moment.  There are happy times and sad times.  Be warned.  You might need to have a tissue box nearby.

I recommend this book to anyone looking for inspiration and hope.  Fans of Christian literature will definitely delight in this.  

No comments:

Post a Comment