Wednesday, May 15, 2013

The Point: the Redemption of Oban Ironbout


I received a copy of THE POINT: THE REDEMPTION OF OBAN IRONBOUT by William E. Jefferson from Port Estillyen Productions via Handlebar Publishing.  I love books like this that take you to a different place and touch your soul with the thoughtful words.  It is also the type of book I can share later on with family and friends.  I have a great network of book readers whom I give my favorites to – a friend, my mother, my uncle, my grandmother, and my cousin.  We’ve become a sort of book club and THE POINT fits in well with our bookshelf.

Enter Hollie and Goodwin, newly married.  They need to think about a few things, in particular Hollie’s kidney disease, so they travel to Estillyen.  I’d never heard of it before, but as I continued reading, I realized it’s a real place.  I may go some day.  The writing brings it to life as a spiritual location of healing.    I recommend this for fans of redemption novels, as well as those who love a book that can speak to the soul.  I’ll definitely watch for the companion edition, REDEMPTION: TWELVE READINGS FROM THE MONKS OF ESTILLYEN.  William E. Jefferson is masterful at weaving scripture with fiction. 

1 comment:

  1. Great review of a wonderful book. I agree, this book made me want to visit Estillyen!
    The author has a terrific Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/Estillyen?ref=hl
    --come like it and learn more about the books and the story behind the story!

    ReplyDelete