Saturday, July 6, 2013

Chasing Francis

I received a copy of CHASING FRANCIS: A PILGRIM’S TALE by Ian Morgan Cron from Thomas Nelson via BookSneeze.  The back cover warns that the book reads more like a memoir than fiction, and it does, which is perfect.  It gets to ring closer to home and may mean more to readers.  It felt as though I sat across from the main character, Pastor Chase Falson, while he told me his tale. 

The story involves his loss of faith and how he revived it by visiting his uncle in Italy.  He learns through the teachings of Francis of Assisi.  I especially liked that part since I read a biography about him a short while ago.  The end of the book includes a pilgrim’s guide to help you on your journey to follow in their footsteps. 

I found even the cover of the book to be very relaxing.  I have been going through difficult times at work, with a severe emotional drain, and this book offered the perfect, intelligent escape.  I could reflect on many of the inner-struggle thoughts.  This is definitely a book I will recommend to others, and will pass this one on at work to others who are need of enlightenment.  

No comments:

Post a Comment