Monday, July 7, 2014

Captured by Love

I received a copy of CAPTURED BY LOVE by Jody Hedlund from Bethany House.  This is the third novel in the Michigan Brides series.  I haven’t read those, but I will look for them after this. 

I knew I would enjoy this novel, as I enjoy Jody Hedlund’s writing.  Once again, I was transported back in time and held captive from the first chapter to the last.  The action and romance flow to the last page.  Some novels dwindle and leave that final chapter as a wrap-up, but this one keeps right at it.

The British Army occupies Michilimackinac Island.  Pierre is a fur trader and his love interest is Angelique.  Actually, one of my favorite aspects of the books was learning the history of this island (which is now known as Mackinac Island).  From reading the note at the end of the book, I see that it is a real place and a tourist attraction. 


I’ve only been to Michigan once, for a cousin’s wedding, but I definitely want to go back just to see if some of these endearing characters still exist (I know they don’t, but it would be fun to imagine).  I will especially have to visit the island.  

No comments:

Post a Comment