Thursday, July 17, 2014

Rope of Sand

I received a copy of ROPE OF SAND by C. F. Dunn from Lion Fiction via Kregel.  I’ve read other books by C. F. Dunn and found them just as enjoyable.  There is plenty of on the edge of your seat action, not to mention unforgettable characters.  The characters have their own quirks, which makes them memorable.  You feel as if you know them in real life and they also remind you of people you do know.

ROPE OF SAND is the third book in the Secrets of the Journal series.  I became hooked on the series for the simple fact that I love journals.  Opening them is a journey to the past with all the juicy secrets included.  As I have read the other books, I cannot say if this works as a standalone novel, but you do need to understand the characters and setting. 

In this novel, Emma is back in America, and she’s with Matthew.  It isn’t all fun and games, for a few things are getting in the way of their relationship.  This book does have love themes, but I didn’t really like the relationship all that much.  Perhaps it should have been more fully fleshed out – and I don’t mean that in a sexual way. 


Overall, an excellent story, one that should be enjoyed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment