Wednesday, June 22, 2011

KILOTON THREAT

I received a copy of KILOTON THREAT by William G. Boykin and Tom Morrisey, from B&H Publishing. It is not quite the normal type of book I enjoy reading. The story involves nuclear weapons in the modern day Middle East. I do not usually enjoy modern war novels, but this sucked me into the story. The characters are not only realistic; they remind me of people I know in real life. The action scenes are intense and kept me on the edge of my seat.

My favorite part of the book is that one of the authors, LTG (Ret.) William G. Boykin, also known as “Jerry,” has first hand experience with the topics mentioned in the book. Knowing that brought the book to a new level. I was transported to a different world and able to live it myself, albeit vicariously through the characters. I learned a lot of new things, including that you can use rice to draw moisture out of electronics.

One thing that bothered me was that in many places, the authors mentioned “chai tea.” “Chai” is another word for tea, so it made me feel as though I was reading: “tea tea.” It can probably we worded either way, though.

Even if you are not a fan of war stories, the relevance of this book on today’s world will blow your mind away.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not really into this type of story usually, but your review convinced me to add it to my TBR! I do like to read in a wide variety of genres.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I really did enjoy it. My favorite part was seeing a new way of life, told by someone who actually lived it.

    ReplyDelete