Tuesday, February 11, 2014

A Draw of Kings

I received a copy of A DRAW OF KINGS by Patrick W. Carr from Bethany House.  This is the third book in The Staff & the Sword series.  It’s the first I’ve read, but I’ll definitely look for the others.  If I would have to pick one word to describe A DRAW OF KINGS, it would be fun.  This book was outright fun to read. 

It’s been described as a fantasy novel set in a medieval world – two of my favorite things.  I can’t get enough fantasy and I always have a soft spot for history.  I’m sure it would help if I had read the first two books in the series, since I was confused on a couple areas and at first had a hard time grasping the setting, but the story flowed, and by the end, I loved the author.  Sometimes moments led up to revelations, and I think they would have had more meaning had I read the other books. 


This book really grips you.  The pace is fast and you can’t wait to see what happens to Errol next.  This is Christian fiction at its finest, for it makes you think and question.  This is tops on my list for Christian fantasy now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment