Monday, March 30, 2015

Facing the Blitz

I received a copy of FACING THE BLITZ: THREE STRATEGIES FOR TURNING TIRALS INTO TRIUMPHS by Jeff Kemp, with a foreword by Tony Dungy, from Bethany House.  I must admit first that I am not big into sports.  I am not athletic, but I do enjoy exercise.  I like to play sports for the fun of it, not competitively, and I don’t like to watch them because I’m not playing.  For anyone else out there like me – you will still enjoy this book.  If you are like me, you will probably really enjoy this book. 

The sentences are beautiful, with a certain poetry to them.  I didn’t find a single place that was dry or dragged.  The main focus of the book is more on life lessons than on sports.  Many of the life lessons were poignant and more relevant than in other self-help books I’ve read. 


Yes, there was some football lingo, and I ended up discussing that with one of my friends who, to put it lightly, is very into football.  She said she’s going to read this book, so I’m glad to have had spread the word on it.  I recommend this for people who enjoy a self-help book with strong religious values and a realistic basis.  

No comments:

Post a Comment